MINERAL RESOURCE AND PETROLEUM AUTHORITY 2005 COOPERATIVE BUSINESS REPORT IN BRIEF
The Mineral Resource and Petroleum Authority of Mongolia (MRPAM) up by the Government resolution N.249 of 21st December 2004 through merging Mineral Resource Authority and Petroleum Authority.
The MRPAM operates solely under and in compliance with the directions of the Government action plan and objectives of the Minister of Industry and Commerce to promote mining and oil exploration sectors.
In accordance to order of the Minister of Industry and Commerce, its daily activities maintained by 6 subordinate units such as Geology Department, Mining Department, Geological and Mining Cadastre Department, Petroleum Product Sharing Contracts and New Ventures Department, Petroleum Refining and Supply Coordination Department, Administration and Finance Department.
Since its initial days of restructuring the MRPAM has been aiming at resolving the following priority issues of the sector. Namely:
* Stabilize legal environment applicable to geological, mining and petroleum sectors, ensure law implementation
* Extend geological research and study
* Foster exploration output through supporting mining industries
* Enhance cadastre agencies services and increase transparency
* Increase crude oil explorations
* Maintain stable of petroleum products
* And besides promoting international relations and cooperation in mining and petroleum sectors, it has actively pursued aims and objectives emphasized in Government action plan, Main directions of developing Mongolian economy and society in 2005, resolution and decisions of the higher executive bodies.
Entry filed under: MRPA.